Home Contents Insurance

The contents of your home can be expensive to replace in the event of a fire, water damage, burglary, and even damage by wild baboons (yes, it happens). This is why you need home contents insurance, which covers damage for things like kitchen appliances, TV sets, furniture, sounds systems, art, and any other valuable items inside your house that could be subject to damage or loss. Never underestimate the value of the contents inside and outside your residence.

SA Financial Planners can offer you a contents policy providing peace of mind by covering your possessions in the event of an accident, burglary, or loss.

The general contents of your home would typically include:

  • furniture, furnishings, carpets and rugs, linen, blankets, towels
  • electrical items such as TV sets and DVD players
  • clothes and shoes
  • toys and sports equipment
  • handyman tools
  • gardening equipment

Our home content insurance includes the following benefits:

  • medical expenses and/or personal effects of guests
  • medical expenses and/or personal effects of domestic employees
  • contents of fridges and freezers
  • contents of storage after damage
  • trauma treatment
  • security guards

SA Financial Planners also offers optional extras like accidental damage to your valuable items – such as your plasma TV accidentally falling and breaking. You can also receive limited bed and breakfast cover if three or fewer bedrooms of your private residence are rented to guests and you permanently live in the private residence.

Contact us to learn more about how our house contents insurance can be customised to suit your needs.